In order to inspire, we must be inspired! In order to engage others, we, ourselves, must be engaged. In order to lead others well, we must first manage, motivate, and lead ourselves with our own compelling vision, goals and dreams.
• What three things did you hope to do, accomplish and advance in 2018?
• Were you successful? What are you most proud of today as you look back over the last year?
• Are there areas in which you fell short of your ideal? What still bothers you now? What do you wish was different today than it is?
• What three BIG DREAMS do you have for yourself in 2019? Think of your work, relationships and health?
• How do you dream of feeling when these dreams become reality? Practice accessing that feeling now.
Write down your answers to the above and include as many details as come to mind. Keep your document in sight throughout the course of 2019 and revisit and update it often.
My great wish for you is that you spend more time this year actively dreaming, “seeing” your dreams in rich detail in your mind’s eye, as well as rehearsing how you anticipate feeling when they become a reality. Great leaders have always been able to “see” what they were creating long before it ever showed up in our material world. Exceptional leadership is nothing if not the greatest act of creation!
Wishing you and yours a most wonderful holiday season.
May 2019 be your best year yet!